Do you recall one of those days where you’d have a pimple so huge you feel like it’s all people can see when they ‘stare’ at you. They always seemed to creep up just before an important day.
Lately my face has been unable to clear up despite my best efforts to drink more water per day and avoid using harsh chemicals.
I now use oil control soap which has somehow helped clear my skin but the blemishes and marks are just not going away.
I suffer from breakouts twice a month, the week before my periods and when I get new hair growth (my entire forehead gets dark and has a breakout).
I have a combination skin but I think it’s more oily then combination. Hence I nolonger moisturise my face and I use a mild soap because my skin is very sensitive.
The problem is my skin is not clearing up after a breakout. It might be age related, stress, diet…I have no idea.
Great news is I found some very helpful blogs that have assisted me with my skin problem. Bloggers will naturally tell you about what worked for them and you have to try a combination of products/regime that work best for your situation.
I’m a true believer in using natural ingredients. It was only natural I try out some natural remedies to solve my problem.
I tried the popular cocunut oil cleansing regime, stuck it out for three weeks despite developing pimples with white heads. Strange enough I had a problem only with my right chic (especially on my jawline) the rest of my face was ok.
I eventually decided I had had enough, cocunut oil just isn’t working. So, some suggested combining sweet almond oil with cocunut oil or just using almond oil alone and using disposable wipes everytime I cleanse my face and not my face towel (which makes sense). There are various types of remedies and beauty regimes available to try out-all in good time. One suggestion I cannot wait to try above all is using aloe vera gel to remove the marks from my face. I just pray it works, otherwise I’ll be back to square one.
Thanks to good bloggers my skin is looking better then it did 5 weeks ago.
– I found out even oily skin needs a good moisturiser (strange but true).
– You should use UV protection on your face or a moisturiser with UV protection.
– Using wipes on your face is the best thing you can do to keep your face clean and healthy.
– Use hot water to open pores and clean your face of impurities and end off with cold water to close your pores.
– You can use a combination of oils as cleansers.
– Fresh lemon juice is great for lightning your skin.
– You can use apple cider vinegar as a toner.
– Try the egg white mask even if its once in your lifetime, it feels awesome.
– Or alternatively use plain yoghurt, honey, lemon juice (face mask).
I guess for the next couple of weeks I’m gonna be having fun trying out some cool beauty regimes to help clear my skin and leave it looking healthy enough to go without a concealer.
Do you have any beauty tips that have worked for you?
Follow me on twitter let’s chat: @kellymthethwa